Mercedes-Benz O305G

Autor mucoliver, Veljača 15, 2009, 19:56:49

mucoliver

Dobar dan,

me zvati Oliver i sam za München/Njemacka.

Please forgive me for writing in English but my Croatian is not the best. I am very interested in the O305G buses. I looked up the list "aktivni vozni park" here and if I am right, 23 O305G are still in use in Zagreb? On lines 107, 212, 215, 217, 222, 268, 269.

I am asking because I want to visit Zagreb soon, in May. Will the O305G still be there in May, or are they going bye-bye soon? If they are going to be put out of service soon, I might even come to Zagreb in April. Also, are the O305G in service every day or just on weekdays?

Thank you very much for your help.

PS. Also, I made a video of an O305G still in use in Munich - as Discobus:
  :)

Ivan

Citat: mucoliver  u Veljača 15, 2009, 19:56:49
Dobar dan,

me zvati Oliver i sam za München/Njemacka.

Please forgive me for writing in English but my Croatian is not the best.
Hi, don't worry about Croatian, you can write in English :)

Citat: mucoliver  u Veljača 15, 2009, 19:56:49I am very interested in the O305G buses. I looked up the list "aktivni vozni park" here and if I am right, 23 O305G are still in use in Zagreb? On lines 107, 212, 215, 217, 222, 268, 269..

Also, are the O305G in service every day or just on weekdays?
They are probably not going to be seen much on 212 and 269 anymore, since this friday those have got new Citaros... But on 107, 215, 217 and 222 O 305 G are still regular and more or less only thing there. On 268 they drive only partially, about a half or a third of all buses, it's now got a few older Citaros so there are even less O 305 G...

They are in use every day on 215, but during weekends they are sometimes not on 217 and are rare on 268.
107 and 222 are not worth mentioning on weekends because they do only a few rounds on Saturdays and don't operate on Sundays.

Citat: mucoliver  u Veljača 15, 2009, 19:56:49I am asking because I want to visit Zagreb soon, in May. Will the O305G still be there in May, or are they going bye-bye soon? If they are going to be put out of service soon, I might even come to Zagreb in April
40 new Citelis 18m are coming in March, so they are going to replace them soon; maybe some O 305 G will still drive in April, but it might as well be late... But in May, I don't think so, chances are really slim, don't count on it...

Citat: mucoliver  u Veljača 15, 2009, 19:56:49Thank you very much for your help.

PS. Also, I made a video of an O305G still in use in Munich - as Discobus:
  :)
No problem :). Discobus is cool, they've been talking here that they might convert one GT6 tram into something like that...

Danas saznah  da su 305ice regane do kraja godine ,čitaj APD će imati "viška"buseva kad svi dođu (citelisi),samo je pitanje što će voziti.Tako da će Oliver imati prilike voziti se u našim "disco"305icama.
Glavni razlog stresa je svakodnevni kontakt s idiotima. Albert Einstein
Ako ne mi, tko? Ako ne sada, kada? JFK
Možete varati neke ljude sve vrijeme i sve ljude neko vrijeme, ali ne možete varati sve ljude sve vrijeme. Abe Lincoln

Ivan

Citat: 421  u Veljača 15, 2009, 21:30:10
Danas saznah  da su 305ice regane do kraja godine ,čitaj APD će imati "viška"buseva kad svi dođu (citelisi),samo je pitanje što će voziti.Tako da će Oliver imati prilike voziti se u našim "disco"305icama.
Pa, ne bih rekao, registracija ne znači baš puno, ne znam baš da će voziti, u Dubravi 50-ak Citara i Citelisa mijenja oko 25 (uz ove nedavno rashodovane) O 305 G, a tu su još i solo... Mislim da Dubrava (koliko god pazila da stari uspiju malo duže voziti) neće imati ni volje ni mjesta za održavanje O 305 G poslije travnja...

Uostalom, Kekobus nam je javio da od 1.5. ne vozi ništa starije od '97...

Slažem se,ali ništa se u garaži ne gradi(plinska stanica),busevi ne dolaze,a potrebe  za prijevozom su stalne.Dakle realno je očekivati da se bumo još vozili u 305icama.Nekak nisam optimist u vezi  isporuke citelisa...A 305ice će biti as iz rukava ak zatreba....
Možete varati neke ljude sve vrijeme i sve ljude neko vrijeme, ali ne možete varati sve ljude sve vrijeme. Abe Lincoln

mucoliver

Citat: Ivan  u Veljača 15, 2009, 20:59:15They are probably not going to be seen much on 212 and 269 anymore, since this friday those have got new Citaros... But on 107, 215, 217 and 222 O 305 G are still regular and more or less only thing there. On 268 they drive only partially, about a half or a third of all buses, it's now got a few older Citaros so there are even less O 305 G...

They are in use every day on 215, but during weekends they are sometimes not on 217 and are rare on 268.
107 and 222 are not worth mentioning on weekends because they do only a few rounds on Saturdays and don't operate on Sundays.

40 new Citelis 18m are coming in March, so they are going to replace them soon; maybe some O 305 G will still drive in April, but it might as well be late... But in May, I don't think so, chances are really slim, don't count on it...

No problem :). Discobus is cool, they've been talking here that they might convert one GT6 tram into something like that...

Ivan,
thank you very much for your help and all the information! It's sad to hear that the O305G will be replaced soon. But, I will actually see them, because I booked a flight to Zagreb and will be there on Thursday! And stay until Saturday :) I am very looking forward to your city and the O305G buses!

I have two more questions: first, is there a one-day or three-day ticket for all tariff zones which I can use on all buses, including suburban routes like the 268? If so, how is the ticket called?
And also, how do ZET bus drivers react when I take photos of the buses? Is taking photos alright?

Hi Oliver!You can book online three-days ticket,but only in one tariff zone on this adress:http://www.zagreb-touristinfo.hr/?id=35&l=h&nav=nav3,it costs around 80 Kn(about 12 Euros).I'm driving line 268 on saturday from 11:55-18:05 and you are welcome in my bus,just I don't know which bus i'll drive ( O305 G,or O405 GN2).
If you arrive by the plane,you can use bus from airport to bus station in town ,so you can see buses on this route which are going from town Velika gorica to train station in Zagreb.Enjoy in Zagreb,and take worm clothes because we're expecting snow!

mucoliver

Citat: 421  u Veljača 16, 2009, 21:26:13
Hi Oliver!You can book online three-days ticket,but only in one tariff zone on this adress:http://www.zagreb-touristinfo.hr/?id=35&l=h&nav=nav3,it costs around 80 Kn(about 12 Euros).I'm driving line 268 on saturday from 11:55-18:05 and you are welcome in my bus,just I don't know which bus i'll drive ( O305 G,or O405 GN2).
If you arrive by the plane,you can use bus from airport to bus station in town ,so you can see buses on this route which are going from town Velika gorica to train station in Zagreb.Enjoy in Zagreb,and take worm clothes because we're expecting snow!
Hi 421, thank you for your info also! 11:55 - 18:05 on Saturday are the departure times at Glavni Kolodvor, right? I will be there and visit you! :)

I will buy ZagrebCard with tariff zone 1 for 3 days then. If I want to go to Velika gorica on line 268, I have the ZagrebCard for zone 1, but Velika gorica is in zone 2, so I will need an extra ticket for zone 2, right? ("POJEDINAČNE KARTE", jedna zona = 10kn u vozilu).

We in Munich have lots of snow also right now, and it is very cold. We also still have O405GN in use in Munich, here is one I photographed in April 2008:

Ivan

You can also buy simple ZET's daily tickets ("dnevna karta", it costs 25 kn) every day if you won't use other Zagreb-card discounts, but it costs about the same so getting Zagreb-card at the airport might be more practical... Daily tickets are also only for zone 1.

Yes, you should buy single tickets for other zones, most drivers won't give you any trouble and they let people in on every door, but ticket control might come in the bus, especially 268 (I've seen them there a few times)...

I might join you guys on Saturday, I have a few exams now but I hope I'll find some time... :)

buSHunter795

Can somebody tell me when 705 drives 206, 210 or 212?? thanks

Jel mi može tko reći kada će 705 voziti 206, 210 ili 212?? hvala  ;)

Ivan

Citat: buSHunter795  u Veljača 17, 2009, 00:00:22
Jel mi može tko reći kada će 705 voziti 206, 210 ili 212?? hvala  ;)
Ha, ha, zezaš se, ili?  ;D

Mislim da takvo nešto uopće nije u planu, a ako jednog dana slučajno zaluta to bi sada bilo čudo, ne bih čudio ni da se više nikad ne dogodi...

buSHunter795

Mene je sram da se nisam vozio još nikad u 705, a kamoli ga još dodirnuo. Ipak je bus legenda :-\

Ivan

Citat: buSHunter795  u Veljača 17, 2009, 00:21:59
Mene je sram da se nisam vozio još nikad u 705, a kamoli ga još dodirnuo. Ipak je bus legenda :-\
Radije ga hvataj na 107, 215 i 217...

Yes, you should buy single tickets for other zones, most drivers won't give you any trouble and they let people in on every door, but ticket control might come in the bus, especially 268 (I've seen them there a few times)...
I might join you guys on Saturday, I have a few exams now but I hope I'll find some time... :)

If you drive with me,there's no problem for any tickets you have,b'couse you are "infected" like we do. ;).My working time is from 11:55-18:05,that means  about every 70 minutes from Glavni kolodvor.I'll check out and let you know.So  my departures from Glavni kolodvor to Velika gorica:11:55,13:05,14:15,15:25,and 16:40.If I sleep on the driving wheel,wake me up!See you!

mucoliver

Citat: 421  u Veljača 17, 2009, 09:27:28If you drive with me,there's no problem for any tickets you have,b'couse you are "infected" like we do. ;).My working time is from 11:55-18:05,that means  about every 70 minutes from Glavni kolodvor.I'll check out and let you know.So  my departures from Glavni kolodvor to Velika gorica:11:55,13:05,14:15,15:25,and 16:40.If I sleep on the driving wheel,wake me up!See you!
Cool, I'll try to be at Glavni kolodvor / stanica of line 268 at 11:45 and wait for your bus! :)

Citat: Ivan  u Veljača 16, 2009, 23:25:54You can also buy simple ZET's daily tickets ("dnevna karta", it costs 25 kn) every day if you won't use other Zagreb-card discounts, but it costs about the same so getting Zagreb-card at the airport might be more practical... Daily tickets are also only for zone 1.

I guess I'll take the Zagreb Card then and single tickets for the other zones... Hope to see you on Saturday, too!  :)

PS This is what O305G looked like when they were still in service in Munich... they went out of service in 1993/94, a long time ago!
http://muenchen-bus.piranho.de/mvg-aus/5355-1.jpg
http://muenchen-bus.piranho.de/mvg-aus/5355-2.jpg