Stadtwerke Passau

Autor Tomek, Prosinac 07, 2007, 22:24:29

Tomek

By Norbert from Passau!

So here are small information about the buses:

The local transport authority is called Stadtwerke Passau (SWP). The transport department  os SWP exists since 1946. Passau has 52000 habitants.

From 1951 on Stadtwerke Passau  only bought Mercedes Benz busses (starting with the O 3500). One old picture (I will send it to you) shows a typical MB O317K from the sixties (O317K were about my opinion also very popular in former Yugoslavia).

The first O 305 came late 1969 and was still equipped with a manual transmission a dark blue seat benches. 1971 were the first buses with automatic transmission bought. 1977 they got the one and only non Mercedes Bus, a MAN SL 200.

From the late seventies until the mid ninties O 305 were the main type.

Since 1988 all busses got a new light blue color with dark blue stripes. At this time  SWP bought 11 O 405 and 1993 10 O 405N  which were replaced last spring.

The Stadtwerke Passau owns at now 43 busses:

10 O 405 N2 (1994)
10 O 405 N2 (1996, which replaced the ZET O 305´s)
5 O 405 G (1997, which replaced the O305G)
7 O 530 Citaro (2002/2003)
1 O 530 G Citaro (2004)
10 O 530 Citaro (2005/2006)

There are also two private bus enterprises who set additional about 20 busses (Citaro, Neoplan Centroliner) into the traffic (per order from SWP).

Since two weeks a new central bus station in the heart of the city was opened (called ZOB).

The total length of the 15 lines ist  155 kilometres and these  60 - 65 buses in the city of Passau are covering a distance about 2.850.000 km per  year. About 7,5 million people are using the buses per year.

The traffic situation ist not the best, because car traffic dominate in Passau too. In the small inner historic part of the city  there are small roads so that only two smaller Neoplan Midibuses from a private Bus enterprise can be used.

1996 a automatic traffic light control system was installed at a lot of crossings for giving the buses the right of way and green light.

All buses have electronic displays for the destination and in the inside there is a display showing the next stop.

I hope these informations are helpful for you.

Regards Norbert

The provisional bus station from the top and the brand new one (in front of the new one you see the last remained O 405 which was rebuild for SWP advertising  and information.

An another interesting website : http://stadtbus.de/passau/ (created from a friend of mine) If you scroll down go to PA and you find some other pictures from Stadtwerke Passau.

Here are few more photos. One ist an old O 317 K which ist from 1967 and was in use until 1979). The two other are O 405 (1996) which are still in use and in good condition. The last pictures shows O 405 N from 1993 8 of them were sold and I got information that four of them are running in Portugese.

Ivan

Zanimljivo, ono skroz lijevo na slici terminala iz zraka izgleda kao inače rijetki Mercedesov midi O 405 NK. :)

zlikowszky

Još je nešto interesantno. Koliko sam primjetio svi busevi slikani odostraga pokazuju veliki komad gume ili plastike nakeljen na donji rub busa. Petpostavljam da bi se manje raspršivale prljave kapljice koje iza sebe diže. Na taj način auti iza njih nisu toliko pogođeni prljavom vodenom prašinom. Zgodno, uviđavno i praktično.
Tesla je umro, Einstein je mrtav, a ni ja se baš ne osjećam najbolje.....

Servis

Vjerojatno se radi o gumi jer bi se plastika lako razbila. U svakom slučaju jako jednostavna i efikasna ideja. Neka se i naši ugledaju na taj primjer.

markost

I kod nas u Split je bija  doša jedan polovni MB 305G sa takvom gumom pozadi,ali su mu je naši brzo skinuli(g.b. 139).

tomobrad

Hm, busevi mi u ovim bojama izgledaju puno stariji nego što jesu, npr. ovaj citaro izgleda kao da je iz 1995.